New Batteries...
06-15-2020, (Subject: New Batteries... ) 
New Batteries...
Well, the truck has been sitting, the batteries I have in her are two or so years old, and they took a dump. Then in the cab, I have 4 stereo amplifiers running a killer sound system... And I have a brand new Trip-Pac APU with the beefy alternator, I just hate to have it running all of the time... Fuel mileage.

When I installed the stereo and amps, I used to have an AGM battery in my sleeper, which took care of the stereo when rolling down the road... Well, I never installed a new AGM when I upgraded my sound system, big mistake. Well, needless to say the old wet cell batteries I had took a dump in the battery box. And yes, I know, wet cells...

Any how, I needed a battery in the sleeper, and four new ones in the box. I hunted around on the internet, made phone calls, etc., all weekend. I found the NorthStar AGM Group 31 up at my local TA for $369, $403 out the door, as I had no core... I went up there to purchase, and they told me they have had them for awhile... I asked him to test it, the first one was bad, the second one was 74%... I thought about it, and passed...

Off to Batteries and Bulbs up in town... I have looked at them before and they were always a bit pricey, and I mean pricey... Well, they had the X2Power battery in stock, made by NorthStar in the USA, with a 48 month warranty. I walked out of there with a one month old fresh Group 31 AGM battery for $420 out the door. I went with this battery due to its ratings, it is a beast, not your typical Sam's Club AGM. The way I have my cab wired, this battery will run everything and should not draw off of the main bank. I already have it tied down in my sleeper...

At the check out, I asked the guy behind the counter about four new batteries for my box, which I needed as I stated above... My Unenjoyment money is tight, but I knew I needed the batteries...

He had AGM's for $249, Walmart has them for $179 right now, but he had a FRESH set of four wet cell Duracells for $100 ea... I walked out with four new batteries and the killer AGM for around $900. The batteries have an 18 month warranty, I suspect they will make it at least 24 months, LOL!

If you made it this far, I know I can get long winded, but I was really impressed with this Batteries and Bulbs. The price with discounts was comparable if not better than the truck stops or local shops, and the batteries were FRESH and stored properly.

So, If you need batteries, look these guys up, you may be pleasantly surprised like I was.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
New Batteries... - Waterloo - 06-15-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.