High exhaust back pressure
07-09-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
RE: High exhaust back pressure
(07-09-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  check the decomp tube while you are at it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

use a boroscope and check the face of the SCR element to see if it is face-plugged too.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Do this! ^^^^^^^^^^

(07-08-2020 )DannyA Wrote:  Any idea on what can cause this high exhaust pressure? Is possible to have a failed SCR and is blocking the exhaust? If the SCR is bad will not show up as some kind of NOX codes?
Anyone have an ideea?

NOx related codes are just that, NOx related. In your case something is causing an exhaust restriction. Or you have a bad sensor. Start by checking the decomp tube for a cone of DEF buildup. Then move on to the SCR can. Internally it looks just like a DPF and if particulate (including dried up DEF) works it's way in there it can clog up. Try disconnecting the exhaust pipes in different places to see if that changes the pressure readings. Start at the SCR can and work your way back until you find the source.

Rawze,
Thank you for your input so far. I didn't mention that turbocharger air cooler was pressurized and no air leak. Decomposition tube is perfectly clean and SCR looks OK. I know SCR had a recall and I replaced it 100-150k miles ago. EGR tune up was done changing the IMAP, Delta P and exhaust pressure sensor. Dealer was blaming the Turbo for all the headaches. Since we changed the turbo I'm getting the 2973 code. I only can assume this is caused by the eCM when is comparing the IMAP, turbo speed and exhaust pressure.
Rawze, any suggestions on a shop that can get me out of the hole?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: High exhaust back pressure - DannyA - 07-09-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.