what to look for when buying a newer truck w/ ISX?
06-28-2020, (Subject: what to look for when buying a newer truck w/ ISX? ) 
RE: what to look for when buying a newer truck w/ ISX?
(06-28-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  
(06-28-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  If once you have narrowed it down to 1-3 trucks , pull an oil sample , but make sure it's done in your presence. If you're looking at a truck at a dealer they should have them on hand, write the engine serial # and vin # and perform your own investigation. Also after that a dyno to verify the truck operates properly under a load can give you " some" peace of mind. And yes have some funds on hand to perform what Waterloo stated. This site and its knowledgeable members will provide answers to any questions you might have. Just my 2. Good luck.

Most used truck dealers aren't going to let you do these things. It's much easier for them to just sell the truck to someone a lot less picky. And rest assured they WILL sell it to someone.

Well I'm speaking from personal experience. I purchased my truck on 3/30/20. I explained what I was looking for and if they didnt comply I would of simply walked away. This is a good time to buy a truck if you're in the market for one. These dealers will go the extra mile. I had a guy at CIT troy Il basically tell me he'd throw in 1 year warranty on engine and after treatment on 2014 volvo 13 spd with ISX the truck had 450k and price was $30k. The only reason I didn't buy it was it had excessive blowby. Of course these things like the dyno will be at the expense of the buyer, but the dyno should be performed after all research has been done and you feel confident that the truck meets your needs and is in decent shape
Again just my 2.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: what to look for when buying a newer truck w/ ISX? - amermextrucker - 06-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.