What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished!
06-27-2020, (Subject: What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished! ) 
RE: What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished!
Rawze: I did not do a good job of explaining the situation in my first post. Let me try again: The older couple that owns the truck, older as in he is 78 and she is 76, bought it in 2010 with 413,000. It has long since been paid off, so there is no finance company or bank involved. They actually did an incredible job keeping it going while they were trucking. The man was a very good mechanic and owner/operator before he got sick and just couldn't do it any more. The truck never wanted for anything. He was the kind of guy that was either driving it, wrenching it, or polishing it, and it definitely showed. Like many of us the truck was his job and his hobby as there was not time for much else. He did such a good job taking care of it in-fact, that it went 1.2 million being fully mandated before it was inframed and was still running fine at that point. He said his secret was frequent EGR tune ups and replacing (not cleaning) the DPF every 150-200K as a maintenance practice, which he did like clockwork to the best of my knowledge. The truck and matching trailer were beautiful even at 1.2 million when he got sick and they started trying to sell it. They were asking a high price for it, IMHO, so it stayed on the market for a long time, degrading as it sat not being constantly "loved on" and then one of their "friends" suggested to them that no one was buying it because they were scared of its mileage. They were told if they spent the money to inframe it, it would surely sell for what they were asking.

Whether from ignorance of the situation or maybe not thinking clearly because of all that was going with the sickness, dr appts.,medical bills..etc., they saw the logic in dumping a bunch more money into it to sell it, instead of letting it go cheaper like it was.

Then came the two f$cksticks that destroyed it and handed it back, and the handfull of shops said f$cksticks tried to have cobble it back together.

Now we are here. I told them what I would do was put it back together and sell it on the auction block for whatever it would bring, however it isn't my truck or decision. The other options my brother offered them were demandate or try to restore the emissions and get it running good enough to sell, either way them buying the parts and us donating our labor on an "as we have time basis", (remember these are long time friends of his).

I think at this point they are leaning toward demandate. What happens after that is out of my or my brother's control....

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s the saying? No good deed goes unpunished! - JMBT - 06-27-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.