IINSITE 7.62code 187 rabbit hole
06-29-2020, (Subject: IINSITE 7.62code 187 rabbit hole ) 
IINSITE 7.62code 187 rabbit hole
OK guys listen up. I have a truck in here with code 187. THis is a ISX cm2350. Under diag tree on insite it says this code is for the following: Crank Case pressure; Camshaft Position; intake Pressure;baro sensor; oil pressure sensors. So went to sensor 2 voltage on insite under data monitor it was setting at 4.31V so we started unplugging everything so see which sensor was bad... Nothing changed... So i unplugged engine harness and voltage came back to 5v.... So i was just fixing to get a new wiring harness thinking is was bad...This was Friday late in the day was hot and I was tired...SO I decided Id work on it Monday... So this morning I came in ready to look up a harness again and figured while I was on quick serve I would check one more time to see if there was anything else on the sensor 2 5 volt reference. I looked up code 187 and right then I knew I had a issue... On quick serve this same fault says its for the following: Intake throttle valve; exhaust back pressure; egr; egr pressure; egr diff pressure; and after-treatment fuel pressure sensors. So I started over unplugging sensors.. The last one and hardest was the after treatment fuel pressure sensor and as soon as I unplugged is volts came back to 5... What I end up finding was fuel was starting to seep out and caused it to short out... No telling how many times I been batten a dead horse with insite... I plugged in cummins 8.5 and it gave me the correct information.

After all this extra work I figured I would share this here so that others dont get fooled like I did...
So at the end of the day. The best thing to do is when you get a code refer to quick serve to see diag tree...
Hope you all have a great week....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze , Waterloo , Mattman , Lonestar10 , snailexpress , hhow55 , JimT , 2dlb , PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
IINSITE 7.62code 187 rabbit hole - Mr Hagg - 06-29-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.