New to me low mileage ISX
07-05-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
New to me low mileage ISX
Hey guys! Great forum. I have been looking at topics on here while searching to upgrade trucks. I own and operate a triaxle dump and currently run a 1999 Mack RD that I retrofitted with a 1993 fully mechanical Mack engine a few years back. But times are changing and I am upgrading. This site gave me a bunch of info on what I am looking at because I am not familiar at all with newer engines.

Now here’s what I bought..... 2013 Peterbilt with a cm2250 rated at 485hp 1850 torque. It has 35,000 original miles on it. Yes 35,000. Company that owned it went bankrupt in 2015 and it’s been sitting until now. It is a cab and chassis currently and my plan is to mount my dump box and get it ready over the winter months in my shop to be ready for next summer dump truck season. So I have some time. I don’t have the truck home yet I am currently waiting on delivery.

My question for you guys is... what to check out? The truck sitting so long has me a little worried. I plan on draining the DEF and replacing with new before I do any driving with it. But other than that I am unsure. Just fire it up and go? I will be driving it around some when it gets here just to check it out and also because I am excited about a new truck!! But like I say it won’t go into real service until about April 2021.

I plan on learning everything I can about the ISX and the emissions. I do all my own work now (including that Mack engine swap) and feel like I am mechanically inclined enough to handle it. I just need more time and experience with it and some guys like you to guide me along. I am going to leave it factory (no demandate) I have switched my line of thinking in the past few years from fighting progress to learning and trying to figure out and go with the flow on the way new trucks work. I am 36 years old so I figure I better jump in and start now.

One thing I could use as well is a PM from someone who can straighten me out on Cummins insite. I think I see what I need based on searching this site but I am not real sure about it.

Thanks guys!!! I will take ANY advice you have.

Andy
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
New to me low mileage ISX - ahub86 - 07-05-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.