New 300 AMP Alternator $$$
07-08-2020, (Subject: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ ) 
RE: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$
(07-07-2020 )BIASRacing Wrote:  Man congrats, we were talking about the system you've got plenty now!

I've been researching, I'm contemplating sending mine off to get reworked, and theres a few more local places I need to check. I just went through the dash and I cured my ground issue! Now at idle with the a/c on and the radio on "not up" I'm at like 14.3 its never been that high.

IT'S ALIVE! The new alternator helped, but I personally think it was the new 1/0 copper welding cable, ground and power, I ran both from the alternator direct to the batteries. I bought at a local welding supply store...

The original ground to the block was a bit green at the alternator, I sanded her up and installed a fresh lug. The power cable to the starter, I imagine is the same, I hooked her back up too. These are the only two cables I did not replace a few years ago when I replaced everything that hit the battery box. I wanted to swap these two cables out this week, but was under the gun of that eviction from my property due to the neighbor. I will have to tackle those later, when the neighbor leaves for Arizona in the fall... But for now, the truck starts fine, so I am not going to worry too much about it for now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ - Waterloo - 07-08-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.