New 300 AMP Alternator $$$
07-08-2020, (Subject: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ ) 
RE: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$
Been through two of them, women, too much grief in this line of work. And trust me, the truck is much more costly on the financial and mental level... And after this terrible year and a half, I have too much baggage to take care of first. It would not be fair to bring that into a relationship.

As far as the alternator, I think many issues could be solved by replacing and upsizing the cabling. I was surprised at the small gauge cable going to the starter, like 3 AWG, the ground was even smaller at around 4 AWG. I replaced with 1/0, which even with the 165 amp alternator I replaced, I believe that would have made one hell of an improvement vs buying a larger amp alternator for most folks. I have that silly stereo, I measured the combined amperage everything would draw if all was on, which is rare, including the truck systems, and came out to 240 amps that the truck would require. I could have gotten away with the 275 amp alternator, but figured the extra amps may come in handy down the road if I do anything else in the cab, thinking about a hot tub... ;-)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New 300 AMP Alternator $$$ - Waterloo - 07-08-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.