Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
07-13-2020, (Subject: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions ) 
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions
Took some time today to go out and grease things up. Had a tube of Red line CV-2 laying around from when I changed the ball joints on my dodge 2500 a few years back. Hit everything I could find without running out. Front end/steering was pretty easy. Brakes no problem. None of the driveline u-joints had grease zerks, so unless I'm missing something they are sealed. Only thing I'm not positive about is the clutch/tranny. There's 2 remote lube lines mounted by the driver steer tire that run back to the clutch. Couldn't find any other lines or zerks. Hope I'm not missing something there???

Only real downside was a combination of jeans, tank top, flip flops, gravel driveway and a nice bright sunburn on my back from yesterday. Gotta grab some cheap plywood for next time...

Oh, and anyone else reading this to learn something, disposable gloves! Makes cleanup much easier!

Couldn't do the oil/filters today since I don't have big enough wrenches for the filters.

Any amazon links to a recommended, decent oil/fuel filter wrench? Bonus points if it works for my tractor AND my dodge! (though not required)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Oil Change and a bunch of other random questions - JimT - 07-13-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.