Helping my mechanic
08-04-2020, (Subject: Helping my mechanic ) 
RE: Helping my mechanic
Sad reality is, I've seen things like this and similar to this a number of times now. Sometimes you can talk sense into someone, but more often than not, they'll drive themselves off of a cliff...beating up their own equipment and going broke in the process...but never man up and admit that they were gullible and made a dumb mistake, or just sometimes not able to understand WHY what they did or are doing is stupid.

I saw a driver literally sling a rod through the block of his cm2350 about 3 years ago, that he had just dumped gigabucks into because some bullshit big name shop told him his VGT was trash and screwed the shi#t out of his motor. Truck had like 60k on it. Ran into him about 3 months ago and he was amazed my high mile 871 has had no major issues since and is still going. He's a company driver now. Nobody would fix that $150k truck, voided his warranty, didn't have the money and had to walk away.

He asked me if I was ever going to take it to the same place. You can't fix stupid, no matter how big the hammer is.

Sometimes the best thing to do is just walk the other way. You can't win them all.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Rawze , Pd6cas2 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping my mechanic - dhirocz - 08-04-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.