Tickety Tickety tick
07-31-2020, (Subject: Tickety Tickety tick ) 
RE: Tickety Tickety tick
So the failed rocker had a hollow roller axle and is not retained by a roll pin, so I pushed it out on my press. Lo and behold, no oil supply to the roller. I can see in the diagram of this rocker, however, that it is supposed to be there.

From what I can tell, the older, narrow roller rocker arms had a solid brass or bronze axle with an integrated oil supply channel from what photos I can find. I'm trying to confirm this, as I don't have a roll pin puller to disassemble one without damage. It does appear that the hollow axle roller shaft is among the group that was recalled. Waiting on a call back from Cummins on this one.

What I do know for sure is there is no oil supply to that lobe and the rocker is date stamped 2/17. I also checked the oil supply. Let's just say my windshield is a mess.

Sig, do you have a tsb number to this? It's starting to look as if I somehow got one of these flawed rocker arms, nothing shows under my ESN.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Tickety Tickety tick - dhirocz - 07-30-2020,
RE: Tickety Tickety tick - dhirocz - 07-31-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.