Low mileage 2011 f750 Cummins 6.7
08-21-2020, (Subject: Low mileage 2011 f750 Cummins 6.7 ) 
RE: Low mileage 2011 f750 Cummins 6.7
Thanks Jim,
Saw that about the gasket and isolator. Plan to get those as well.

(08-21-2020 )JimT Wrote:  I tried that $40 Amazon route for the DEF doser. Was leaking from the moment I installed it. Only ran a month or so before the system was abolished, so I can't say what long term effects would have been seen.

The doser appeared 100% legit. I'm guessing maybe it didn't pass QC inspection? Or maybe it was just an extra production run, off the books. Either way if I had to buy one again I'd go with an authentic one that you can return if it's defective.

Also, do some research, there's a metal gasket and an isolator that goes between the doser and the mounting bracket on the can. Not sure if it applies to your engine, but at some point they updated the design and the gasket and isolator are a different size. They are both compatable with any can or doser, but the gasket and isolator need to match. When replacing the doser you should replace the isolator as well and that might mean you need a newer gasket to match.

Info about this was found on quickserve.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low mileage 2011 f750 Cummins 6.7 - Skizzlez - 08-21-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.