Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
08-09-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
-- Well, he showed up here on late Tuesday afternoon ( 08-04-2020). I was still working on a major project with my truck, replacing the 1.4 million mile old read differential and a bunch of other stuff. Everything had just been disassembled, and I needed my overhead crane for some of the heavy components.

4 or 5 trips to and from Atlanta and several days later, I finally got most all the right parts to re-assemble everything. It was a mess trying to get the right rear carrier (gearbox for rear diff) .. and my axle housing was different than most trucks, so it was a mess for sure. -- I finally had to resort to actually machining my own yoke for the new unit, as some of the components were obsoleted.

-- This all happening while JimT's truck just sat in the driveway not being touched because my truck was stuck under the crane area.

Finally, on Saturday (08-08-2020), we got mine back together just enough to get it moved out of the way and his truck in place. I still have quite a bit of work to do to my own truck, so Mr. JimT will be mostly on his own for a couple more days while I replace all the smaller stuff on my truck that I have not finished up with, but He is confident with handling wrenching on his truck by himself fairly well.

JimT's truck....

As of today, The hood is off of it, coolant drained, Radiator is out, fan removed, and a few other odds and ends done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , hookliftpete , tree98 , Brock , Nostalgic , Waterloo , marek4792 , Roysbigtoys , JMBT , Explosia , Moose , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - Rawze - 08-09-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.