Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
08-14-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
Yesterday I don't think anything much got done on JimT's truck. I think he said he was taking a break or something.

Today (the 14'th) I went out there and helped him pull the head off it. - He took several photos of things. Maybe he will post a couple pics.

I helped him also pull a liner out of it... He has 152mm liners.

Now at least he knows which overhaul kit to order. I will take him to Mr. hags in the morning so that he can start ordering parts.

His liners were gonzo -- polished right out, worn to the bone. After seeing that intake so sooted up and other things,.. this engine has suffered severe neglect and carbon packing. It has a million+ miles of wear in it for only the miles it had on it.

it also looks like someone at some recent point before he purchased it replaced all the cam bearings in the head. They were new ... but the cam was wiped out. -- odd if you ask me. -- It is also obvious that someone was in there messing around, as one of the bolts head was damaged for the spring-loaded scissor gears. Looks like it was over-torqed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo , tree98

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - Rawze - 08-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.