Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
08-14-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
(08-14-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  JimT, how was the oil pressure during the time you had it? From the looks seems like it would've been on the lower range....just curious

Thanks for the pics and info on everything so far!

Mostly pretty steady. Around 36-38 psi operating about 1500rpm. Around 18-20 psi at idle (720 rpm). Cold starts would be about 40psi at idle up to 60psi only if I tried to drive before it warmed up above 150F. There were occasional fluctuations, but never more then 2-3 psi and usually coincided with high or low ambient temps, or a long pull up a grade. Don't remember seeing it drop below 18 at idle.

Pulling a grade, recently, I started to notice the pressure slowly drop to around 32 psi, then return to normal after I got back toward level ground. But that was only in the last week or so before I parked it for an oil change and overhead adjustment. Went about 17k on that oil adding a gallon every 3k. So, not sure how the oil life played into what I was seeing there.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Brock , redbeard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - JimT - 08-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.