Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
09-23-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
(09-22-2020 )JimT Wrote:  ....Finally replaced my Davco unit. Forgot to bring it with me down to Rawze's so I changed it out today. It was getting to the point where the fuel level wouldn't stay above the bottom of the clear housing. No matter how much I filled it up, after a day of driving it would end up down just below the clear plastic. Installed the new one, bled the air out and we'll see how it does tomorrow....

By any chance, did the old unit ever return to a normal level as the restriction increased? Mine will do the same thing once I install new filters. It will actually take a few thousand miles before it returns to the bottom of the clear housing.

The level will then rise based off the restriction created from the filter catching contaminates. I typically change it about 3/4 the way up the clear housing rather than wait all the way to the black 'change filter' line near the top.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - SquareOne - 09-23-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.