Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
10-14-2020, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
(10-13-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  i get fuel where its cheapest on my card. i get about 40k miles per DAVCO filter running a 7nm filter and every time i change it the level stays below the black ring for atleast 5-10k miles.

maybe yours has leaky drain-back valve?

=================
mine does something very different.

I replace my davco filter and next time the truck cranks, level goes up about 25 - 30% the way up onto the paper element and stays there. I have never seen my davco run with the fuel level below the paper part of the filter except once when something was wrong.

Level runs a bit higher when engine is running. I also never put fuel in it by hand. I never remove the cap at the top of the glass either. I remove the whole glass bowl as is and replace the filter without disturbing the little cap at top. - I.E.> I put filter in dry and let the electric pump do its magic.

I use a 10-micron filter and it lasts about 20k miles or so before the fuel level is on the black line at top (engine off). ... in winter, or out west where there is a lot of bio ... this can happen sooner.

I have had my truck more than a million miles and it has always operated this way.

I have only once seen the fuel level below the paper part of the filter after cranking it ... I took the filter off and found bottom gasket on filter had a nick in it.

I have never replaced anything on my davco other than the glass bowl itself, it came with a new cap at the top. This was about 3 years ago. I don't even rarely replace the o-ring at the bottom of the glass bowl even though a new one comes with a filter. I also use vasoline on the threads of the plastic retainer so that it does not chatter when re-installing the glass bowl.

I have also never seen any bubbles rising in the fuel while engine was running on mine.

just sharing my experience as a comparison, others may vary. - 2011 prostar, cm871.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - Rawze - 10-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.