Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
04-16-2022, (Subject: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... ) 
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ...
On a side note, I missed out on a chance to buy a wrecked truck (rear end damage, totaled and auctioned by Ins. Co.) with a good cm2250 engine. Guy couldn't get a hold of me before accepting another offer :( Too bad, I could have snagged the entire truck for $5,000. Even if it needed an inframe (unlikely at present since it had supposedly just gotten a crate engine a few weeks before the accident) it'd still be a great buy. Worst case I could have parted it out for more than the cost. But alas that didn't happen.

Instead he sold me the turbo with actuator from the working engine for $500. Offered me a fuel tank and DPF as well, but I had no need for either. Intake side of the turbo looked clean, exhaust side was sooty and has a small rust trail, though that looked fresh and could have happened over the past 8 months that it's been sitting on the shop floor. No play in the turbines, blades looked good. Off of truck so had no way to test functionality, but seemed like a decent bet. Probably send it down to GA for some TLC and keep it on hand in case my turbo needs replacing.

Now I just want to clear space in my garage and find an engine to rebuild. For fun. Is that wrong?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Helping JimT out with an inframe ... - JimT - 04-16-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.