CM871 oil pump pickup tube screen
08-22-2020, (Subject: CM871 oil pump pickup tube screen ) 
RE: CM871 oil pump pickup tube screen
Finally got it all back together. I replaced the EGR cooler because it puked coolant (yes, demandated but im keeping up appearances with this one) I may actually take a venture to this foreign country called California with this truck.... Maybe....

I replaced the very old 140 amp alternator with a leece neville 220 amp and that made a world of difference for the blower motors in the truck. They went from an old man farting when on high to actually blowing and moving air around the cab. Definitely something guys should look at if their electronics are feeling a bit weak.

I replaced the power steering pump and Gear Box (Sheppard) wow, I think I finally found out what fixes the "Kenworth pop" in the front end if its not the shackle pins or loose ubolts. You have to reset and properly adjust the steering gear box. Follow proper install instructions for the gear box manufacturer. Sheppards was basically push/tap the poppit valve back in with a punch. Jack the truck up and turn the steering fully left and right a few times. If you don't, the frame binds and causes all kind of weird spots to pop and crack.

I also had Mommaburt do some fine tuning on the ECM. She boosts and runs fine now. These cm871's are a hair different than my cm870. The jakes don't use nearly as high boost. The fuel pedal is way touchier which makes driving across rough parking lots interesting to say the least. Fuel mileage is already solidly in the 7's without trying or working very hard at it. It starts way smoother and idles a lot nicer too. The damn air compressor is silent and doesn't knock. We'll see how long that lasts.... over all so far I'm glad I decided to upgrade.

Now, after putting 6 dimes in the oil pump my numbers have gone perfectly where I wanted them. Cold idle 700 rpm im at 25 psi, 1000 rpm's straight to 35 psi and going down the road 45-50 psi. Once warmed up fully and even hot with oil temp at 225° idle is solidly at 18-20 psi, 1000 rpm is 32 psi and going down the road is 39-42 psi. The jake brakes got a hair more responsive too. Just faster reacting. Not harder hitting.

Hopefully I've got this thing up to par and can make a dollar or 3 with it now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Volvo8873

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 oil pump pickup tube screen - Chamberpains - 08-22-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.