Installing Solar on the truck...
09-17-2020, (Subject: Installing Solar on the truck... ) 
RE: Installing Solar on the truck...
Been sitting here at the truck stop since yesterday, all day to get the trailer inspected for Landstar... Found a great paying load for tomorrow morning, so worth the wait.

Now, the purpose of this post. I have been sitting, lights on, ignition on, refrigerator on, desktop computer on, three fans running, stuff charging, etc... The only time my APU fired up was when I turned on the microwave, and it did not run for very long.

Normally, my APU would have ran non-stop since this morning, no doubt in my mind on that. I would guess I have saved roughly $15 in fuel today with the solar. That will add up rather quickly.

Tomorrow I will be finished with work around 0900 or so, and back to the truck stop. The APU should have no reason to turn on, and we shall repeat this savings once again. It will be even greater savings as the weather becomes milder...

Right now, I am saving roughly $100 a week in fuel, and I suspect that number will grow in short order. ROI in a matter of weeks.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Rawze , 74bassman , PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing Solar on the truck... - Waterloo - 09-17-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.