Truck won't turn left
07-20-2016, (Subject: Truck won't turn left ) 
Star Truck won't turn left
Kw t800

These newer trucks, 2 2015 trucks, have gona through pwr steering pumps, filters, fluid, hoses, you name it we chased the problems. This has been a on going battle when it gets hot out. Last summer and this summer. Gearboxes I believe as well.

It is not in the kingpins, and any other steering component since we cant duplicate the issue and find a bound up steering component.

It seems like it only does this to the drivers only on their last load, so I know the fluid is warm at this point. As the drivers states when they are driving down the road and then they begin to try and make the turn it instantly feels like their is no power steering at all, sometimes they have to completely stop because they can't make the turn, usually they have to turn the opposite direction to make it un bound up.

These two trucks are the only trucks giving us this problem, and again, the power steering pump has been changed more then once.

Lot of times I cant duplicate the problem in the shop. Has anyone ever heard of such a weird issue? I mean normally when you lose power steering you loose it for good, and normally its something simple like a restricted filter or a bad pump, etc but this issue is sporadic and its driving me nuts.

Going back over the times the drivers complained, it's always when its hot, 90s, and or the drivers 3rd-4th, last load of the day. They unload, then normally drive back to the shop and the truck is fine, but this can be dangerous.

If anyone has some suggestions for me to try, im all ears
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Truck won't turn left - joed2323 - 07-20-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.