CM871 Turbo on CM2250
09-05-2020, (Subject: CM871 Turbo on CM2250 ) 
RE: CM871 Turbo on CM2250
-- Depends on what someone is trying to achieve. - If they want to sacrifice fuel efficiency for better heat flow because your pulling a road train at 60+ tonnes and are averaging 80+% output power for hours on end day after day... The 500 series would be an improvement while the engine is enduring such tortures, but otherwise, a waste of time.

-- If your not sure what your average engine loads are, look in insite at the usage graph and see where the average engine loads sit most of the time. If the average engine load is 45% or less for the lifetime, like most trucks I see .. You will only be spending money and wasting your time and it will serve absolutely no purpose to do such a thing except to drain your wallet.

- The bigger turbo may be able to move more heat thru the enguine, but at a cost of ...

* less overall response.

* provide no advantages for producing any power levels below about 620 HP.

* less fuel efficiency.

-- and if someone is pulling loads that are actually that heavy ... BETTER GEARING always prevail any ways... why someone would want to mod the most expensive drive-line component (the engine itself) is beyond me when it is far cheaper to re-gear the truck for the application.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
CM871 Turbo on CM2250 - Aleeex - 09-05-2020,
RE: CM871 Turbo on CM2250 - Rawze - 09-05-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.