RightWeigh On-board Load Scale
02-27-2016, (Subject: RightWeigh On-board Load Scale ) 
RE: RightWeigh On-board Load Scale
I really like the number spacing on your in-dash gauge! Much better than my external gauge.
I chose the External Gauge because it is liquid filled.

Liquid Filled vs. Traditional Gauges
Liquid-filled gauges are generally preferred over dry gauges for two reasons: performance and ROI. Liquid-filled gauges are filled with a liquid, usually glycerin or silicone oil and are designed to perform optimally in less-than-ideal conditions. High heat, pulsation, or vibration lead to instrument breakdown, but liquid-filled gauges stand up to these harsh conditions.

The primary reason for gauge failure is vibration. In traditional dry gauges, delicate links, pivots, and pinions are prone to damage from vibration, leading to inconsistent performance. In a liquid-filled gauge, the fluid fill effectively dampens system pulsation, making the gauge pointer easier to read.

Likewise, humidity and moisture pose problems for dry gauges. Condensation can make a gauge difficult to read or, in some cases, can cause failure due to icing. Liquid-filled gauges, though, are sealed to prevent internal condensation, and by keeping moisture out of the system, gauge movement is protected during icing conditions.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RightWeigh On-board Load Scale - yamajason - 02-27-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.