06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
09-25-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
RE: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
Aftermarket, head and in frame kit... There is your oil consumption, and that tune is probably set at 750 to 800+ HP... Cooking the motor... Do you have a pyrometer and a turbo boost gauge installed? I would ask if the block was machined for the new liners, but you have an aftermarket kit. Were the ledges in the block cut?

We are not picking on you, just that we have seen this a hundred times over here at Rawze.com. Most guys go away in a huff never to be heard from again. You got a hot mess on your hands, as there are few shops that can reliably rebuild an ISX out here with OEM parts. Those aftermarket kits are ten times more problematic as they are normally not built to the same specs as the OEM stuff. Wish I had something better to say.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption - Waterloo - 09-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.