Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization
10-03-2020, (Subject: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization ) 
RE: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization
It’s ok if you don’t have a divisible load permit. If your truck complies with federal bridge law you are ok. But for example my tri axle dump truck would register gross at 58,000 lbs under bridge law. With the divisible load permit I am 73,750 lbs. Get caught with non steerable and they pull your permit for an extended period and it’s hard to get back. Get caught non steerable with 73,750 gross and then only good for 58,000. Stuck with an almost 8 ton overload ticket.

Plus the law is the steerable axle has to have a capacity at least 80% of the next axle in the group. So my truck must be a 20k lb to be next to an 23,000 lb axle of my 46k rears. Paving company near me has some trucks steerable, but only 13k. DOT couldn’t find a ID tag so they measured brake shoes and figured it out that way. Pulled permits and etc etc.. the paving company is hiring other trucks to run in the place of their three right now. It’s just one of those thing that I have been fighting but the writing is on the wall. Thank you King Cuomo
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , hookliftpete , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization - ahub86 - 10-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.