Plungers stuck on ISX 12 CM2250
10-07-2020, (Subject: Plungers stuck on ISX 12 CM2250 ) 
Plungers stuck on ISX 12 CM2250
New to posting on the forum, but have been using it as a resource for a while. Thanks for having me. Have a couple questions about a fuel pump on an ISX12

Had a fuel pump go out on ISX12 a few weeks ago. Had it towed to my shop and called mobile maintenance out from dealership to assist in diagnosing issue. Mechanic pulled the head off the fuel pump and found the ceramic plungers stuck in the head. After having a heck of a time finding parts for the ISX12 fuel pump, found the repair parts for this head. The new kit came with steel plungers. Replaced plungers and tappets. Reinstalled and truck fired right up. We ran it around the shop a couple of days, had to do exhaust manifold and get the concrete jack hammered out that setup when it shut down. Go to put it back in service, load the truck and it made it 5 miles down the road and bam, engine shut down. Had truck towed back to dealership, they pulled the head off the fuel pump and the new plungers were stuck in head. They recommended changing out the whole fuel pump so had them do it. Truck has been running fine ever since. My questions are, first has what would cause the plunger to stick in the head and secondly, what kind of labor time should I expect on changing out a complete fuel pump?

Thanks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Plungers stuck on ISX 12 CM2250 - RMKC MIKE - 10-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.