No spin lockers
11-03-2020, (Subject: No spin lockers ) 
No spin lockers
I'm in the middle or ordering some new parts for this truck for it's scheduled overhaul.

I haven't put much thought into it yet, but on the subject of lockers...I'm going to replace both of my differential carriers, and knock it out while I have the truck down. Going from 3.55 to a 3.70 or lower gearset, and I'm strongly considering upgrading one or both diffs to a locker, which I can get at a similar price to an open if I do it while I'm replacing the carriers.

My understanding is I can do one in the front, back or both. My truck spends most of it's time highway with the occasional need for additional traction I haven't gotten from my open diffs.

I am not aware if the switch would cause harshness and noise, reliability, tire wear or mileage concerns so I'm looking for some advice here from those who have run them. More traction on demand would be great for those instances I need it but I don't want to go overboard.

Truck right now has dsp40, open diffs. I run 22.5's and have an RTOC16909 up converted to a 13, making its way out for an RTLO20918 while I'm taking care of the flywheel housing gasket and rear main.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
No spin lockers - dhirocz - 11-03-2020
RE: No spin lockers - schISM - 11-04-2020,
RE: No spin lockers - dhirocz - 11-08-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.