New Cast Iron Oil Pump pressure low
12-06-2020, (Subject: New Cast Iron Oil Pump pressure low ) 
RE: New Cast Iron Oil Pump pressure low
So I took off the oil pan today and found a dime laying on the entrance to the center of the pump , if it was already there or fell off after I took of the spring, I’m not sure, remember I did put the dimes with the pump already installed and is harder to put the dimes in place than with the pump off, so what I did is to put 2 5 cents coins that equals 3 dimes in thickness and put everything back , now I’m getting a little better pressure than the old pump was doing, but I was conservative on the amount of coins because I had such a high pressure yesterday that I didn’t want to have to take off the oil pan a third time. The 5 cents coins also fits better on my opinion regarding the diameter and have less chances of moving around. I did get 35psi with engine cold, and then drive the truck around and did get up to 41 at 1500 rpms, I wish I had put another coin and I would be at 45 or 46, but for now will leave it like that, that’s already a victory over the new oil pump version. I’ll share a couple of pictures so you guys can see the little difference on the pump
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Cast Iron Oil Pump pressure low - Mandy0917 - 12-06-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.