2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
12-05-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
RE: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
(12-05-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I ran into a kid at the TA in Wheeling, he had a nice looking International 9900 with the 870... Some butcher shop got ahold of his motor, and he was as proud as punch, 700 hp he said... They removed the EGR cooler, installed some obscene exhaust manifold and ditched the turbo for an old school Holset, that thing was a monster, like a beach ball! LOL! He had no pyro, so no clue there, everything plated off, blah, blah, blah... Upon looking this beast over, I noticed oil was being blown out around the entirety of the valve cover, front, back and both sides... He said it was a bad gasket, the second bad gasket he has had... I chuckled and left it at that... Sad.

And his jakes, he stated those were not working as they used too... He did not want to hear it, it was a design flaw from Cummins... Can't make this sheet up.

The ridiculous trash mods that people do to these $40,000 commercial engines is beyond belief .... mention to them that none of it was necessary even if they did want to make 700+ hp .... and they get offended. This diseased side of trucking has always been around to prey upon the wallets of those who want to look cool, ingorant of the fact that they are severely sacrificing the life of their expensive equipment.

This garbage in trucking has gone on for so long and has spread so badly that most of the shops doing this butcher-work have somehow convinced themselves of the same ... and they drag all their customers into that black hole of ignorance right along with them.

I have to laugh it off out of sheer sadness whenever I see one of these fools ... Most of which in short order will also complain that the cylinder-head had to come off their engine 2 or 3 times for on reason or another in the last 5 years.

It is not until they bankrupt themselves a few times do they start to learn. They never seem to factor in the fact that in the history of trucking, currently and now perpetually, these freight rates are lower than they ever have been vs. economy ... the competition for a paycheck is higher than ever driving the rates thru the floor.... and then combine that with $150+/hour labour costs in the repair shop, an average of $10,000 in expenses + tens of thousands in lost revenue every time a head comes off one of these engines any more, even before the cost of other parts, and truck replacement parts that are 20 times the price they were 30 or 40 years ago... .. They never factor that into their ego or business model.... but they gotta look cool and have a loud farting, burping, black-smoke spitting beast of stupidity that they can mash to the hilt up every hill just to prove they have a ding-a-ling.... for some ungodly reason.

-- It has nothing whatsoever to do with actually solving any issues or improving one's bottom dollar, longevity, efficiency, or business model. Somehow they try to convince themselves as such because they read all this trash off the social-medai and get hooked into the crap front and center.. you cannot tell them otherwise after a while... so by the time they find my forum here and i lay it out to them.. they only get offended. - For this reason, they cannot be helped, and since they cannot be helped, they do not belong here. - I am here to help others...not perpetuate their insanity. - I will have no part of that.

Eventually, some of these fools learn the hard way that this is not how our industry works... That or they go back to much older equipment and perpetually complain that you can't make money in trucking any more because older equipment does not get the efficiency and cannot compete with modern equipment ... and that the modern equipment does not support their level of abuse and ignorance.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Coronado126 , Volvo8873

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete - Rawze - 12-05-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.