Need ideas
12-12-2020, (Subject: Need ideas ) 
RE: Need ideas
WOW!!! Scared the pee out of me. Reading your reply, I can see I didn’t share enough information on this truck so here goes. 3.91 gears. It was one of the first cascadia put under a Dynamax coach body. Think Motorhome. It’s been extremely well cared for, climate controlled garage whole life. Run fairly frequently just not very far. Owner was not mechanical so shop for everything. I’ve been looking at this truck for a few months and in researching engine I ended up here. I know from comments that shop might do more harm than good, thats why I posted.

All my life(73) was spent building and running snubbing units in oil field (hydraulic rigs).we had 2 stroke detroits early on 6-8-12 71’s and 92’s. Then got on 3406 and 3412. All mechanical. Air start and a fuel filter. Not a wire except or gauges. Needless to say no emissions. I’m no mechanic but I’m mechanical. I am going to drive around with this thing, go to auctions pulling a 22k pintle hitch trailer for the occasional buy and show my wife the country. We are not campers and this thing is going to be used as a truck with a pisser and bed-call it an extended sleeper. 37’ overall. I read somewhere (might hav been this site) that driving off the boost gauge is the way to do it. I’m at 8 psi doing 67. No real load. Is that going to e a problem. Don’t ave a torque gauge.

I read your comments about offending me. Don’t worry. Being in the oilfield over 50 years in close to 40 countries, you can’t . I just wanted to hear from professionals about how to do it right. I’ve always told my customers the following. If you think a professional is too expensive, hire an amateur. See where that gets you.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Need ideas - Jackson - 12-11-2020,
RE: Need ideas - Waterloo - 12-11-2020,
RE: Need ideas - Jackson - 12-12-2020
RE: Need ideas - Rawze - 12-12-2020,
RE: Need ideas - Waterloo - 12-13-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.