2016 prostar with cummins isx15
12-20-2020, (Subject: 2016 prostar with cummins isx15 ) 
RE: 2016 prostar with cummins isx15
Totally agree with Rawze on the rear/tranny combo. absolutely horrible for anything other then local/regional light weight loads such as LTL or Linehaul. Sounds like something JBHunt would have spec'd.

I'd pass on that and look for something with better gearing. It might be hard to find better gears as the fleet trend has been toward what you are looking at, but even a 3.36 with a 13 speed would be MUCH better then that option. The 12 speed autoshifts aren't bad, but they tend to be programmed to operate in the 1200-1600 rpm range which is too low for long term engine life on these ISX engines.

----------

As for super singles, nothing wrong with them. With the modern low rolling resistance dual tires there really isn't any special reason to choose super singles anymore. Pretty much owner preference. ---- Personally I'd rather the redundancy of dual tires. If one goes out on you then you still have another tire holding up the axle. You can limp it down the road if needed, possibly saving huge road call costs. But, that's my opinion.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 prostar with cummins isx15 - JimT - 12-20-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.