Volvo 670 with 2250
12-28-2020, (Subject: Volvo 670 with 2250 ) 
RE: Volvo 670 with 2250
(12-24-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-24-2020 )Volvo670 Wrote:  So I stopped by the shop today in an attempt to get the factory tune for my truck, and of course they are sticking to their story of the current tune being the factory but just changed parameters for the demandate. They said that no other tune was installed therefore they have no factory tune saved.
I will now have to go to the stealership asap to get my ecm bench-tuned to factory specs.

Most shops have an excuse ... This is because they know not what they do.
They had to have pulled the file out of the ecm initially to run the overlay on it... sound like they perhaps did not bother to back it up properly before editing what they pulled out?. - A person can only guess.

Pay someone $2500 do do a job that you have to do again yourself. That is what you end up with 90% of the time with these places unfortunately, and if you let them know they can improve and that there are better ways, most shops will simply get arrogant, argue back instead, and refuse to listen ... victimizing the rest of everyone that comes along just the same. Bad delete programming and bad engine tuning is an out of control plague in our industry that gets worse every year... All while the truck owner swears his truck is the one that got done right, cuz they can't feel the engine acting up. That is, until they loose a liner or need an inframe 2-3x more often than normal... and then blame the equipment instead of what they had done... I see it on a daily basis, no one seems to want to hear the truth, but instead, simply argue it away.

At least your taking the initiative to straighten it out for yourself. It becomes one of those situation where you think to yourself ... "Boy, if I knew then what I know now.... I could have saved myself so much headache, money, and grief".

We try to tell ppl on here as they come along and discover this place, but most just piss what is said away as paranoia or some other thing. Can't help ppl who you lead to water that are thirsting to death ... but choose to eat the sand in front of the trough instead out of sheer pride and ignorance.

I have ran into a problem. The Volvo stealerships in my area only do ecm reflashing on the truck itself, they don't have the setup to do bench-programming. The only other option I could think of was to take it to an shop that "specialize" in ecm's but their programmer is out of vacation and won't be back till next week.
I was going to try a shop but, they got me in this mess to begin with so I didn't consider that...

Any other suggestions I'm not thinking about?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Volvo 670 with 2250 - Volvo670 - 12-20-2020,
RE: Volvo 670 with 2250 - JimT - 12-20-2020,
RE: Volvo 670 with 2250 - JimT - 12-21-2020,
RE: Volvo 670 with 2250 - Volvo670 - 12-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.