Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
05-06-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
(05-06-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  I wish paccar had something like that.

PACCAR is real bad on SI. As you know there are some truck manual sites that have a mish mash of manuals. Freightliner was just as bad until I figured out the process I listed. Navistar is in the middle. The wiring diagrams are free but that's it. There is a middle ground. They sell a flash drive titled On Command Service Information. Usually 7 to 800 dollars. A little pricey. BUT it is all or most all the SI that is on the dealer service portal at the time they flash it. I qualify the all because I am not 100% but from what I've seen the engine manuals are exactly the same. It goes back 10, 15 or more years. A ton of info. It is not pass worded nor does it expire. It also doesn't update so if you need current info a year or 2 from now you would need to buy another one.

About 10 years ago I needed SI for some GMC 4500 trucks. they had a mutant hyd brake system with ABS plus wiring issues. I bought a DVD from Helm the SI provider for GM to the aftermarket. $400. I still have it. Has to run on an XP machine. I keep one around because I have a few other manuals like that. Anyway the DVD I got covers from 2001 to 2011. If the vehicle has a GM badge on it the info is there. Cars, pickups, real trucks all of it.

Rawze would have fun with it. I'm not much of a computer guy but this disc is kind of locked down. Cannot download it to a hard drive. Screen print and screen record programs capture nothing. You can print from it but slowly. I guess they didn't want it copied! Anyway it still gets cranked up once a year or so. Was well worth the coconuts.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road - DVT873 - 05-06-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.