Couple newbie questions...
01-17-2021, (Subject: Couple newbie questions... ) 
RE: Couple newbie questions...
The question that runs thru my head when I read their post is...

What type of freight are they going to be hauling?... and does the truck have the correct specs for profitability for this?

things like correct roof height? correct rear axle ratios?, what tranny?, what other options, etc.etc.etc.

And then ... how many miles on it already and how much money and work are they going to invest themselves into doing to get it reliably road ready again? .. or if they are just another future victim of the 85% failures due to under-educated ways ... the ones that cause new Owner-ops to dance around with a shiny-new-penny attitude and all of the blind-man's bubble, thinking that the truck is somehow magically going to get sold with it ready to roll freight right from the seller lot like a complete fool. - You know .. things like doing all the 250k mile maintenance items like re-torquing all the wheel bearings front and back, replacing shocks, gear box and tranny oil, going thru the entire EGR and emissions systems and replacing all sensors + cleaning everything out, running the overhead valve adjustment, inspecting the cam thoroughly, checking/inspecting cab shocks and mounts, replacing the guts in the fuel pump right away if its more than 400k miles old, etc.etc.etc.

And then what about good business planning?... expected load times, truck paymants and expenses, etc.etc.

And then how much experience under someone's belt they have driving already?... and how much have they practiced how to slow down and save fuel with the truck they are already driving instead of putting the fuel all the way onto the floor like a dumbarsse due to horrible company-driver, truck-and-fuel-mileage-killing habbits?

Then there are the things that others pointed out... Investing in some basic tooling to wrench on it with, a laptop and adapter to troubleshoot it and keep it away from the network of OEM rip-off nitwits, etc.etc.

Owning a truck is a vastly different career than driving one.

- those are the things that run thru my head any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple newbie questions... - Rawze - 01-17-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.