ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil
01-19-2021, (Subject: ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil ) 
RE: ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil
(01-19-2021 )christiank77 Wrote:  
(01-19-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  What does bottom of head look like for those two cylinders?

The bottom of the head for the two cylinders look as shown in the attached images.

looks like fuel impingement in the photos but hard to tell.

fuel impingement could be...

* bad,leaking injector

* excess boost problems or excess injection timing due to slipped cam or someone's bad custom programming.

* Wrong program was used in the engine (someone jumping cpl to raise the HP levels improperly).

* improper overhead valve adjustments.

-- for a 570, it also looks like signs of it running lean (excess boost, wrong program, bad custom program, etc.) on both those photos of the bottom of the head as well.

What do the liners look like and how much more wear is there on the passenger side of them vs the drivers side about 1/3 to mid-way down?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil - Rawze - 01-19-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.