2014 Head Scratcher
02-07-2021, (Subject: 2014 Head Scratcher ) 
RE: 2014 Head Scratcher
(02-06-2021 )Casper Wrote:  ***Yes, I've ordered the Actuator directly from "Dorman", which is the same as what I originally purchased Through Peterbilt. There's no color coding, but there are Letters on it that dictate which actuator.

If this started with the new actuator, the Dorman actuator, I would suggest going to Peterbilt and getting an OEM one and trying that. Sounds like that may be your issue if I am reading this correctly... Some aftermarket parts are fine, others not so much. Been there, and done that.

I just bought two blend door actuators from International for my truck, as one had failed. One thing I did discover is that the new actuators are now made in Korea vs China. They are much beefier, or stouter, take your pick, over the Chinesium actuator it replaced. The Chinesium one was a Dorman unit, which I have bought before without issue, other than their failure rate after a year or two. How come I can own a car for twenty years and the blend door actuators still work? What the hell is going on here with these things? Seriously, this is not rocket science.

The new OEM unit was noticeably different quality wise, heavier and looked to have used better plastic. Hopefully it lasts longer than a year or two. The Dorman and the old Chinesium OEM actuators were identical in my book, the new Korean sourced ones appear to be much better, but only time will tell. Maybe PACCAR has done the same with suppliers?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2014 Head Scratcher - Casper - 02-01-2021,
RE: 2014 Head Scratcher - Waterloo - 02-07-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.