Advice for newbie
02-23-2021, (Subject: Advice for newbie ) 
RE: Advice for newbie
Well, he accepted the offer of 15 K .Surprised me, but it’s been really crappy in Nebraska and there apparently not of ton of buyers, so I dug a lot more and really think I’m not going to get hurt. I signed up with quickserve. Have been watching tons of posts, videos, and forums. Truck always used in Midwest pulling pretty light loads. Used Rig Dig and the only 6 inspections the truck ever got were fairly local.
I’m buying it because I think it’s a pretty solid unit. Time will tell!
Way too much snow to go pick it up for a few days.
So I screwed something up and lost my password. I’ll probably have to start another account. Help Rawze......

So first order of business is pulling the top cover and checking the cams and rollers.
Then with some good advice from you guys, figure out how to deal with the EGR being unplugged. Somehow plugging it back in doesn’t seem like a good idea.
When I figure out how to post picks, I will. Raze mentioned not being sure of motor. It is a cm870. Plate on motor. I signed up for quickserve and entered the engine serial number. It says it’s a 475
Horse @ 2000 rpm and 1850 lbs of torque at 1200.
Just bear with me. I’m not a diesel motor guy, but I am capable of figuring things out.
Just an old guy who refuses to give up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Advice for newbie - Thinman - 02-03-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - Rawze - 02-03-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - Rawze - 02-04-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - Rawze - 02-04-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - JimT - 02-05-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - Thinman - 02-23-2021
RE: Advice for newbie - tree98 - 02-23-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.