EGR cooler alternative.
02-05-2021, (Subject: EGR cooler alternative. ) 
RE: EGR cooler alternative.
I don't want to hi-jack this thread about an EGR cooler, but:

You are correct Rawze, good catch, yes I had the local stealershit inframe it 3 years ago. I went cheap and had a rebuilt head used, maybe that was the problem. I didn't have them replace the damper at the time, so a year later the crankshaft broke. I had the engine pulled out of frame to install a used crankshaft. That cost me dearly. I loved that truck immensely. I bought it brand new, made many mistakes with it. If you read http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=760, I was of course talking about me, not a friend. My next rebuild I was hoping to get it to Haggai's. But it died too soon, I don't have the money to fix it.

I don't know how the dealer got me financed for this new to me truck. I'm jumping from my '09 ProStar to a '15 ProStar. The newer one was a bed bug hauler with only 367,000km (228k miles).

My old one had 2.4 million km (1.5 million miles) and was mostly original. Engine was still original air compressor, injectors, fuel pump, 3 of 4 metering solenoids, oil cooler, fuel lines and more. Had an oil leak from front somewhere, and was getting bad recently. Truck still had original untouched transmission, rear ends, steering everything, king pins, and more. The truck had several rain water leaks, was rusting pretty good, had vibrations, drivers seat was shot, windshield passed safety but was getting bad, visors (ext and driver int) were broken, and it was scaring me what could go wrong next.

I know I'm going to miss that truck, I knew it inside out, and it had an @m*m^2 tune. It was also a 13 speed manual. I am really scared jumping to this new truck. I don't plan on "tuning" it. It also really scares me that it's an autoshift. Not looking forward to driving that.

I've been reading this site and realize I'm going to have to put more into this engine. But I thought my only other option was to become a company driver, and really didn't like that.

I hate to see the old beast go to the salvage yard, but putting another 20K into a rebuild on this truck worth 3K isn't something anyone but me would do, and I can't so it's goodbye old truck. It's truly a one owner truck, start to finish.

One last thing that I won't miss is it's 6.5 mpg lifetime average. I drove it mostly 60 mph, kept the boost low, and that's still all I got. Hopefully this new CM2350 does much better.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR cooler alternative. - barf - 02-05-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.