2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems
02-25-2021, (Subject: 2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems ) 
2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems
I'm having electrical issues with my truck it started right after I purchased it.
I was going down hill on my first trip and the rear axle temp gauge started going crazy, it went all the way to max and back to 0.
So I called the dealer they sent it to a shop that kept my truck over a month claiming they were waiting on parts for the sensor and a few other things including both door locks.
After that I still kept having the same issue I would contact the shop and they would say it's just a defective sensor for me to unplug it or bring it back to them and it would take another 3 weeks or more.... so I decided to just unplug it.
After I'd say a month the abs light started going on going up hill sometimes on a curve, while hooked to traile it would make the trailer lights blink like it was failing but it only does that for a few mins then it goes on steady, abs light also goes on when im bobtail.
About to weeks ago I get to my truck after being home for 8 days and the batteries are dead I assumed I had bad batteries so I went and purchased 4 batteries and replaced it, but then idk if it's just a coincidence or not but when I have the truck off the starter interrupt relay clicks every 2 minutes unless I have the door open.

Another issue I'm having is when I click the snowflake ❄ for cold air the ac fuse pops just this morning I went through 5 fuses trying to diagnose the problem sometimes I can go 2 weeks without it popping and other times it just pops one after the other.
I was told to remove the hvac relay and try it and it looks like it doesn't pop but it could be just one of the times it not popping cause it seems to come and go, I've also disconnected the compressor and it still pops with the compressor disconnected, but thats as far as I've gotten.

I tried taking it to a local shop and they cleaned the axle grounds and starter cables replaced the ground from the starter to the frame and told me I had 25+ohms on the cab and couldn't figure it out charged me 500.00 n said the only way to fix it would be take it to the dealer. I've called numerous shops and they all said take to the dealer we don't have peterbilt wire schematics.... Ive called the dealer and they told me it's going to cost me 2k+ and they're backed up about 3 weeks, so I won't see my truck for over a month...

Does anyone here know what could be the issue or know anyone in jacksonville fl that could help me?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems - Alexp86 - 02-25-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.