Intermitent Derate alarm
03-15-2021, (Subject: Intermitent Derate alarm ) 
RE: Intermitent Derate alarm
(03-15-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(03-15-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  Thanks again for the response. I'm sure you are right, I bought this truck about a year ago and it's been a money pit. I really doubt any PMs to the emissions system have been done. Seems like every time a "certified mechanic" fixes it I have to follow up and fix it again. I had people telling me to delete it and that is what let me to your site. I watched your egr tune up videos and decided not to delete the truck rather fix and or maintain the emissions system.

I cooked the dpf and doc, pulled the sensors and checked for soot and changed the doser injector. Hardly any soot on the sensor and no indications of a leaking egr cooler. I was going to replace the sensors and clean all the egr parts on the next trip, may have bit me in the ass.

Thanks again for all the advice and feedback.

Brian

Do you have an Inline reader and Insite software? Because I believe you need both to reset the system after cleaning those cans. The kits are pretty inexpensive on eBay... Most all of us here use these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...Swz0JgOcDs

You can find them here in the states too, but usually a higher price, but you get them sooner. You will need one no matter what if you are running Cummins products.

Actually thanks to a previous post from you I already have one on the way!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermitent Derate alarm - BDiscovery - 03-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.