New model Mack diagnostic software
08-09-2022, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
RE: New model Mack diagnostic software
(03-19-2021 )Coronado126 Wrote:  Best price on the Nexiq 2 is Amazon, just make sure you check and are buying a legitimate one and not a Chinese knock off.

For PTT, I honestly recommend buying the legit version from the Premium Tech Tool website. I've run non-legit versions in the past, and there's always something wrong with it no matter where you get it from.

The most popular 'free' versions and ones on eBay don't show imperial measurements, just metric which isn't the worst thing, but the last 'free' one I tested wouldn't allow tests like regens, cylinder cut outs, and turbo actuator calibrations to perform correctly.

When it comes to ECM flashes, I specifically recommend getting the legit version because Volvo/Mack only allows guys to download flash files for the ECM's through the program itself. Which can only be done with a legit version that has connection to their 'Central Server'. And, if a truck was programmed by someone else, it gets flagged on the Central Server with the company name of who programmed it. So the benefit there would be you could call the Volvo/Mack hotline and get tech help from them if need be.

Apologies for rambling, but the PTT program is a monster of a program which typically it doesn't work right when using a copy that didn't come from Premium Tech Tools website. Yeah it costs roughly a $1k for just the Mack portion, but to have a correctly working version is priceless IMO.

my problem is buying 1000 dollars worth of software just to use it only 3 or 4 times in the year. i dont like charging people hundreds of dollars for programming fees as of when you do owner operators lot at you like your ripping them off
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New model Mack diagnostic software - cybernetictrout - 08-09-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.