Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket?
03-28-2021, (Subject: Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket? ) 
Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket?
I have an 2013 ISX 450ST, 2350 X101. Serial# 79645481
So far not much complaints, beside the emission stuff. (Couple sensors, 1 injector and an actuator back in the warranty years.)
My truck has 950,000ml and recently got a code 3464, throttle actuator mechanical issue. Truck is running fine, the code could be cleared and didn't come for two weeks. However based on it and my milage, I am due to a new turbo and actuator. I guess. A brand new turbo is eye watering, even the Cummins reman is if I buy from Cummins. Many place offer remanufactured turbos for better price, but who to trust? Is there any high quality aftermarket available? So far I have no luck with my research. The local Volvo dealership offer an aftermarket option for about 2/3 of the price of OEM remaned from Cummins. They said it is a top tier like Garrett or Schwitzer, but wouldn't confirm in the quote and I can not find anywhere on the net. I am happy with my truck, power adequate, fuel economy, I do not intend to alter anything. I do not want to be stupid to overpay, but do not want to be and idiot to put something on my truck what will take out my engine. I am looking for a cost effective solution for short, but long term too. I would appreciate for the advice. Thank you.[/size]
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket? - Oram - 03-28-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.