Trans and gear oil?
04-26-2021, (Subject: Trans and gear oil? ) 
RE: Trans and gear oil?
(04-26-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  ... the amount of miles between drain intervals

"Additive Separation" qualities in an oil usually dictates drain intervals in gear-boxes. - I have not seen any synthetic vs. standard oils have superior "separation" claims with data to back any of them up.

NEXT: you should be changing your oil every 2 years or 250k miles, whichever comes first... despite what the manufacturer tells ya. This is to stave off "Separation" (and sheering) ... Unlike your engine, the main reason gear-box oils stop working well to protect the components.

so -- there is no advantages to synthetic in a gearbox that I can see based on differences in oil qualities alone. - 'Environmental Factors' is usually the only scale for determining synthetic oils vs. conventional, especially in a gearbox. ... but the oil makers would brain-wash you otherwise. How else are they gong to sell you their super-duper-oils if you can't reasonably justify the 2x or more expense differences?. They sell you the stuff on opinion and brainwashing fear alone.. that is how they get you to buy it.

- Just some words of wisdom ... not trying to enter a full debate about oils and their properties... the beer is talkin'.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

Messages In This Thread
Trans and gear oil? - Redland1 - 04-23-2021,
RE: Trans and gear oil? - Rawze - 04-26-2021
RE: Trans and gear oil? - JimT - 05-02-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.