A/C problems never fail
06-16-2021, (Subject: A/C problems never fail ) 
A/C problems never fail
I thought I was being proactive this year. I have been out of work for almost a year and ½. Truck has been parked. So before I go out I went to check my A/C wich wasent that cold. The high side gauge was bouncing so I needed a compressor. I bought a compressor, receiver drier,expansion valve, high pressure fan switch and new thermosters. Vacuumed the system down put in 2.5 lbs R134 and new oil in the compressor. Nice and cold. Leave out to Chicago no problem took a load out of Chicago to Connecticut about ½ way there it starts blowing warm.. check pressure its fine start truck compressor kicks in its cold again ½hour later warm again... I have the switch mod for the BCM I flip the switch the A/C shuts off and goes through the differant vents but dosent blow cold. Whal going down the road I do a key flick and A/C starts working. ..so I'm thinking its the thermosters and I have a set with me I drain the system install the new thermosters gass it with 2½ cans and its working perfectly. Go figure new thermosters and one is no-good. That's a sucky system why coulnt they put a Schrader valve under the thermosters to make them easier to service.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
A/C problems never fail - earnies2 - 06-16-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.