Demandated Update
05-04-2023, (Subject: Demandated Update ) 
RE: Demandated Update
(05-04-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
On a business sense .. It makes me wonder what is more profitable in car hauling....

Mornin' Rawze! Honestly, I don't disagree with you and couldn't even if I wanted too or tried too.

That said, the guys that I haul for never buy the same type of vehicles. They're always big and bulky. That high mount trailer that you speak about will offer benefits along the lines you described, BUT and here's the big but...When I take a trailer like that and then try and load it with the type of vehicles these guys buy it wouldn't be a lost of a couple of vehicles. I have the rig I have because of the versatility. I can do more with it, load sizes and configurations that a typical high-mount trailer will never do.

The old business of hauling cars has changed a lot over the years. Vehicles are larger and heavier. The high-mounts have a MASSIVE problem in getting over weight real fast so there's always a limit to their abilities. If a person was hauling ONLY cars and small to mid size suv's your scenario becomes HUGE, but when you start adding full size SUV's, Lifted Trucks, 1-ton trucks, etc. the high-mount becomes more of a problem than an asset. Most buyers will not pay a load rate for 7 or 8 units when you're only able to stack on 5 and some times only 4 because the trailer axles get over weight in the blink of an eye, OR the vehicles are so tall that you can't put anything underneath so you end up rolling with 3.

I know I give up monies in MPG, but I also keep my customer happy by getting their buys to them quickly and they keep me loaded, now going on my 4th years with these guys. I could get better MPG, but there's a lose in a different way, so as a car hauler it's a matter of which end of the bullet do I bite. This market is REALLY bad right now and I am one of not so many O/O doing what I do that have consistent and steady work. Just taking the good with the bad.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , ktblogistics

Messages In This Thread
Demandated Update - kozakvod - 07-12-2021,
RE: Demandated Update - JimT - 07-17-2021,
RE: Demandated Update - Rawze - 05-04-2023,
RE: Demandated Update - kozakvod - 05-04-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.