Cm2350 Turbo Help please
08-12-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 Turbo Help please ) 
RE: Cm2350 Turbo Help please
It would not be $7500 if you did the work yourself.. your doing nothing but wasting a whole lot of money every time you take that truck to a stealers#it!.

NEXT: Although 700k miles is considered a lot of mileage for a VG turbo, unless your having boost problems, the turbo should not be replaced.

-- THAT TURBO does not have a rubber o-ring as a face seal.. the oil seal is like a piston ring with a gap in it.. any crank case fumes buildup inside the engine.. it causes the turbo to slobber. Any vacuum at the intake, it causes it to slobber too.

NEXT: IT IS NORMAL for the turbo to bleed a bit of oil (its called turbo slobber) if you have been idling a lot... especially if you have any blo-by form the engine, given it has 700k+ on it ... and your crank case filter cannot keep up with it. OR IF YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE CRANK CASE FILTER OFTEN ENOUGH.

Do you have the maitenence-free crank case filter installed?
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

With 700k+ on the truck, I would suspect the blo-by is higher on the truck, causing some pressure buildup and making the turbo bleed a bit of oil. - ANY crank case pressure from blo-by will also chew up overhead cams too. It is nothing to play with. I see people all the time neglect their crank case filter, then wonder why they got chewed up cams and turbo's that slobber oil all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 Turbo Help please - Rawze - 08-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.