Oil leak
09-09-2021, (Subject: Oil leak ) 
Oil leak
I have a 2011 ISX. Over the last week I’ve gotten some engine codes (the yellow triangle)

Crank case pressure and VGT. The day I got the VGT code I lost all boost for a few seconds and periodically the engine wouldn’t do anything when I hit the gas. I tapped the actuator with a hammer a few times and after a 12 mile trek through stop lights I got on the freeway and didn’t have a problem.

Under the actuator housing is a hose/tube that appears to be sweating oil. There is a light stain of oil on the frame under it though. I changed the crank case filter and yesterday didn’t have any issues out of any of it. I have a picture.

Question: could the bad crank case filter have caused the VGT issue through over pressure thus forcing some oil out the seal of that tube? If not… what are your thoughts.

All sensors in the after treatment system have been replaced as has the components (cooler, egr, doser, dpf and doc.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Oil leak - tonysnf - 09-09-2021
RE: Oil leak - Rawze - 09-09-2021,
RE: Oil leak - tonysnf - 09-09-2021,
RE: Oil leak - tonysnf - 09-09-2021,
RE: Oil leak - Rawze - 09-09-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.