Isx15 single cam cm2350 front gear issue
09-10-2021, (Subject: Isx15 single cam cm2350 front gear issue ) 
RE: Isx15 single cam cm2350 front gear issue
(09-10-2021 )Slstransport917 Wrote:  I had the fuel pump go out last year had short block from cummins installed, head was sent off to machine shop, new cam and new fuel pump. All those things you mentioned are being checked. Iam having the gear housing replaced so all the gears have to come off anyway. Might as well replace the all. Engine sounds good but going to have everything flushed and hopefully I'm not going to lose the engine again. Thanks for the reply. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Short block from cummins means they most likely re-used a whole lot of parts. Things like the oil cooler, turbo, air compressor, injectors, most of the now damaged fuel system components and all sorts of other things.... That is most likely how it got contaminated a second time.. What a sh$it-Show of a half-arssed fix!. If it was bad enough that it needed an entire short-block.. the rest of it SHOULD HAVE ALSO GONE TO THE JUNK YARD!.

DO what I said.. AND inspect that fuel pump again.. AND to add to this ... Pull Those rod/main bearings, and all the other stuff for a proper inspection of metals debris damage. it sounds so far like your re-living your first night-mere all over again due to incompetence.

And like has been mentioned.. re-using the old head.. THAT WAS A NO-NO!. Those heads are throw-away item, and every single time someone re-uses one and has it re-worked... it does not last more than about 2 years and has to come off the engine again at the cost of $10k+ and you just WASTED EVERY DAMN PENNY you (or your idiot repair shop) tried to save by being cheapskate about it.

At least now we know why it looks like it does... everything so far points directly at POOR WORKMANSHIP BY THE IDIOTS WHO MADE THIS COMPLETE MESS!.

-- What a shame.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isx15 single cam cm2350 front gear issue - Rawze - 09-10-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.