Freightliner ‘pass-thru’ manifold
09-12-2021, (Subject: Freightliner ‘pass-thru’ manifold ) 
Freightliner ‘pass-thru’ manifold
Thought I’d let any Freightliner guys know about this info I discovered yesterday. Apparently in many Freightliner trucks (I have a Cascadia) there is a ‘pass-thru’ air line component which houses a large amount of air lines coming from outside the truck, to inside. This is located at the firewall right above where your driver foot would be , or if you’re looking from the outside....yeaaaa all those pretty colored airlines....well that’s the component I’m talking about.

This seems to be a common point of failure and also seems like a real Pain in the a$$ to change. I believe that part is a couple hundred bucks as well. Even if only one of the fittings begin to leak, it seems a replacing the entire assembly is the only option.

Since I can’t stand pissing away time/money on changing otherwise good parts I decided what did I have to lose by trying to repair the leaking fitting. Long story short, if you carefully remove the quick connect coupler from the leaking fitting, it will reveal an o-ring you now have access to. If you carefully replace that o-ring, your leak issue will be corrected for literally pennies as well as very little time/effort when compared to replacing the entire assembly.

Maybe many of you know this info, but for those who don’t, give me a shout if you need any other info.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav

Messages In This Thread
Freightliner ‘pass-thru’ manifold - SquareOne - 09-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.