REman or rebuild
08-22-2016, (Subject: REman or rebuild ) 
RE: REman or rebuild
(08-22-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Yes it will probably be reman head. I only brought it up because it does make think. Just info for everyone to take into consideration when the time comes and it will come. I made a statement one day after i overhauled a engine. I said the moment you start a engine after you overhaul it spends the rest of it's life slowly destroying it's self whether we like it or not.

Yup, Reman, New, Overhauled,... It does not matter. An engine will only last as long as its weakest component. As well, the more torque and use you put one through, the shorter its lifespan will be.

* Keep boost levels low (below 20 psi)

* Keep the speed of the truck overall to a minimum as much as possible.

* Drive it gently as much as possible.

* Service it slightly more often than recommended.

* Relax and stop stressing about how other people drive, or the fact that they might all drive faster than you do because you do drive slower and want to take care of what you got.

* Keep after problems BEFORE they become bigger problems.

* Enjoy what you do most of all and don't try to save every dime possible when replacing something that can put you on the side of the road if it fails. Get the component that will result in best choice in quality instead.

* If you want to squeeze every last extra dime of expense out of your equipment and what you do, then SLOW THE HELL DOWN and stop letting the roads beat it up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
REman or rebuild - gearhead - 08-19-2016,
RE: REman or rebuild - Wiseman - 08-19-2016,
RE: REman or rebuild - Nilao - 08-19-2016,
RE: REman or rebuild - Rawze - 08-22-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.